Monday, April 18, 2011

God Made A Promise

Jesus' death ratified the Abrahamic covenant (God's covenant/promises with Abraham) which granted us healing for our bodies, prosperity, and well-being for our families. These promises are the basis of the entire New Testament. 
It was because of this covenant, Jesus came to earth.


Genesis 17: 1-5, 7 "And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and they seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee." 


English Standard Version says it like this: 
"And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you."


If you are 'In Christ,' you are the seed of Abraham and therefore you have a 'Blood bought' right to these promises.
This should confirm for every child of God the question: 
"Is it God's Will that you be healed." 


God sealed His side of the agreement by swearing an oath. 
Genesis 22:16, God said, "By myself, have I sworn.


Abraham's side of the agreement was to live an upright life.

No comments:

Post a Comment